Heading the efforts of implementing and adhering to structured operations is the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COOs works closely with the business owner (Visionary/CEO) to provide oversight to the coordination of the execution of the work necessary to evolve the organization.
The results of the Integrator:
- A Requisite organizational Structure.
- An organization-wide Task Inventory.
- Role Descriptions for all team members.
- Standard Operations Procedures documentation.
- Mentoring & Training Plans for all team members.
- Development of Data Reporting to serve all aspects of the organization.
- An Annual Strategic Plan to pave the path to your vision.
This level of expertise and experience usually comes at a high price tag. The answer is a Fractional COO. If your business is ready to take the next step, and you feel that you need a partner in the efforts to build an organization that will allow you to focus on your strengths, then you should consider a fractional COO.
They often operate in an interim engagement so you can use them to scale then elevate someone internal if desired.